Saturday, November 24, 2012

Review - Untraceable (The Nature of Grace #1) by S.R. Johannes

Untraceable (The Nature of Grace, #1)Title: Untraceable
Author: S.R. Johannes
Series: 1st
Pages: 315
Published:  November 29th 2011 by Coleman & Stott
ISBN:  9780984799121
Source: Author sent for honest review









Description:  Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival. When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he's dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him.One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father. Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she's enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it's going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves. 


I Give This ...
Photobucket

Wow!  This book was totally not what I thought it was going to be.  And mean that in the best way possible.  If you are looking for real and maybe something a little gritty this is for you.

Grace was undeniably the best part of the story.  I loved that she is so focused on finding her dad.  She knows in her heart that he is still alive and will stop at nothing to find out the truth.  I was a little disappointed that he mom did not share the same faith that she did.  But, there are many emotions that run through this story and that's just a small portion of the story.  I was completely in awe of her ability to maneuver throughout the forest the way she does.  This is a girl who can survive out in the wilderness.  And her abilities don't seem supernatural or exaggerated.  I felt it really gave this book an edge.

I also really enjoyed the romance.  We may have a slight love triangle between Mo and Wyn, but it doesn't feel forced.  Each one represents two different sides for Grace and two very different life paths I would think.  I liked them both and each also had things I didn't like.  Wyn often seemed like he was forcing Grace to be something she wasn't.  And I could tell that there were big secrets that Mo was holding back.  I was curious as to what might actually happen.

The conspiracy is way more wide spread that I could every imagine.  And it really was a little hard to stomach at first.  If you can no in anyway look past any sort of animal cruelty, I would not read this book.  I was able to separate it out and read the story for what it was and not focus on the bad.  

I'm really looking forward to the next one.  The story is very open ended.  I have no idea what will happen next.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails