Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Early Review - Fury's Fire (Siren's Storm #2) by Lisa Papademetriou

Fury's Fire (Siren's Storm, #2)Title: Fury's Fire
Author: Lisa Papdemterio
Series: 2nd (Siren's Storm)
Pages: 243
Published: July 10th 2012 by Knopf Books for Young Readers
ISBN: 9780375868627
Source: Publisher via Netgalley







Description: At the end of Siren's Storm, the Sirens were defeated, and now the town of Walfang is once again a peaceful beach community.  Or is it? Gretchen and Will are still haunted by the memories of the night the Sirens were destroyed—Gretchen because she can't remember what happened and Will because he doesn't know how to tell Gretchen what he saw. He doesn't even understand what he saw, but he does know now that Gretchen is more than what she seems, more than a human girl. And at the same time, he is more in love with her than ever.  Gretchen knows there's something wrong, too. She feels like an alien in her own body, but she doesn't know why. And she feels a presence stalking her at every turn. Have the Sirens returned to Walfang? Or has some other force come to claim her? 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I wasn't sure I was going to read this.  I've been trying to make it a goal to not seek out every sequel to books I've read.  Especially those that I felt were just average.  But, this one I just had a hard time saying no too.

I think the biggest thing the drew me back to the story was that I don't think Getchen fully knew who she was.  And if she doesn't know who she is, how can she possibly understand what she is capable of.   She had too many holes in what happened towards the end of book one.  Will may have witnessed it all, but he seems to hesitant to believe what he really saw.  And how can he tell Gretchen what he think really happened?  

I understand when characters go through some changed when major events happen.  But, for some reason Will and Gretchen feel off in this book.   Gretchen seems to blame Will for every little thing that happens.  Will tiptoes around her afraid of what she might do or say.  Plus, he hides things from her.  It's never better to let someone learn the truth in some other fashion.

I did like the story behind who Gretchen really is.  There's a lot of mythology woven into it.  Sadly, the last battle seems week and the story took to long to get there.  

 

1 comment:

  1. I definitely really hate it when characters don't know who they are and there are so many plot holes I have to keep stopping and flipping back so I can understand what's going on! -.- I haven't read the first one to this, either, but it looks like I may skip the series.

    Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails