Thursday, April 5, 2012

Review - Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2) by Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)Title: Goddess Interrupted
Author: Aimee Carter
Series:  2nd (The Goddess Test)
 Pages: 304
Published: March 27th 2012 by Harlequin Teen 
ISBN:  9780373210459
Source: Publisher via Netgalley






Description: Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.  As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.Henry's first wife, Persephone.

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I was one of those people who, for the most part, liked The Goddess Test.  I was curious were the author would take the series.  So, I've been patiently waiting for this one.  

First off, Kate bugged me a lot in this book.  It seems like she's whining constantly.  My biggest thing was her complaining about Henry.  I think she saw what he was capable of in the first book and assumed he would be like the automatically, like some magical overnight personality change.  In the process, she completed ignored who he really was.  She refused to see how much he really cared for her and ignored what everyone was telling her.  I think this complete blindside caused her to act irrationally.  I was also slightly annoyed at the fact that nobody told her anything.  I don't know if they expected her know it, or were treating her with kid gloves.  She choose this life, tell her what she needs to know already!  

I did really enjoy the inclusion of Persephone in this story.  She's such a part of this story that I think I would have been upset if we never got to really meet her.  I was a little afraid of what her presence might do for everybody.  But, it played out really how I thought it would.  I also really enjoyed having Kronos play a role in this story.  What a story of the gods and goddess' without the king of the Titans.  I really loved the idea of how he is locked up and what it will take to free him.  Interesting twist to the story.

In the end, it was a mixed bag but not enough to really drag the story down.  I will continue reading this series because the characters are growing on me (Henry!) and I like the storyline.      

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading this right now but I'm not too far into it yet. I really liked The Goddess Test, so I had high hopes for this one. (I really like Henry, too!) So far you're completely right about her whining! FX it gets better but doesn't sound like it will. :-/ Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails