Thursday, April 19, 2012

B & K's Reading Daze


I have two girls who love to read as much as I do.  They are  6 and 4.  My oldest is in the beginning stages of learning to read.  My youngest still loves to be read too.  I'm so excited that this love of mine seems to be passing on to them.  So B & K's Reading Daze highlights some of the books they have enjoyed over the past month.  


K's Book:

Silly Milly (Scholastic Reader Level 1)Title: Silly Milly
Author: Wendy Lewison


Description: This delightful, rhyming easy reader is one big riddle. Miss Milly likes green but not red, butter but not bread, seeds but not flowers, and umbrellas but not showers. Readers are invited to guess why Miss Milly likes what she does. The answer? She likes double letters! 




K picked this one up at the library.  I liked that it was a level one that she could read with a little help from me.  Lots of sight words.  Some of the bigger words she had a little more trouble with.  But, I"m very proud of her for reading this book!



B's Book:  
Biscuit Wants to Play 
Title: Biscuit Wants to Play
Author: Alyssa Capucilla
Description:  When Biscuit meets two little kittens, he wants to be friends. But the kittens are having too much fun with their own games to play with him--until they find themselves stuck in a tree







I work in the library at my girls' school on Tuesday's.  I ordered quite a few new books in the lower reading levels.  We were lacking in the Biscuit series.  B saw me put the tags on this one and immediately wanted to check it out.  I have a feeling many more Biscuit books will make there way to our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails