Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review - Irish Moon by Amber Scott

Irish MoonTitle: Irish Moon
Author: Amber Scott
Series: Written as a stand alone but there is a sequel
Pages: 358
Published: December 10th 2010 by Goodnight Publishing 
ISBN:  9781456522735
Source: Kindle Free Read







Description: Druid Magick... Breanne grapples with the old ways, her mentor murdered before she masters her talents. The stranger washed ashore must be the key to proving murder. Knight Errant... Ashlon made a vow to bury the Bloodstone, it's horrific past, it's secrets, in the farthest reaches of Ireland. Fate's Twisted Course... Passion binds them but betrayal will test every belief under an Irish Moon.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

Since this was free read for my kindle, I wasn't sure what to expect.  The title and description were enough to spark my interest.  But, would it hold my attention.    It must have captured my attention enough that I read it soon after downloading it.  And with as many other books I have to read, this is a rare accomplishment all by itself.

I really enjoyed the setting. There's something mystic and regal about Ireland.  I think Scott managed to capture that.  I liked that Breanne is so fiery.  She's lives in a time were women were still considered propriety, but she's been given a lot of freedom considering.  Not only has she not been pushed to marry (until now) but she's allowed to practice the old Druid ways.  I do think these freedoms have allowed her a certain arrogance. 

I did have a little difficulty placing Ashlon's role in this entire mess at first.  I feel we get to know his character as the story goes along.  But, as the story is pieced together, I really liked what was presented to me.  He's dedicated to his task, even if he doesn't understand fully what he has been asked to do.  I also like that he didn't expect to find companionship and a sense of belonging on his journey.

While I enjoyed the magic involved in the story (I have a hard time labeling this as paranormal because it just didn't feel like that), I enjoyed the romance even more.  I liked the stolen kisses while no one is looking.  I liked how it made Breanne change her mind on everything she ever thought she wanted.  I especially liked how it made Ashlon decide to settle down.  

I really enjoyed this book.  A worthy free read that will make me look for other books by this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails