Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review - The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)Title: The Iron Knight
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: 4th (The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen)
Pages: 361
Published: October 25, 2011 by Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 9780373210367
Source: Publisher via Netgalley







Description: My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.  I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her.My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…


I Give This ...
 Photobucket

I would have been ok had this series ended with The Iron Queen.   Maybe not thrilled, but the ending made sense to me.  I was overjoyed to hear about this final edition to the series told from Ash's point of view.  I was hoping it would make a satisfying ending to a wonderful series.

I have to be honest and say that Ash's point of view was not what I was expecting.  But, his character has changed so much from the beginning of the series.  He's lost everything he has ever known.  He's no longer the cold-hearted Unseelie prince we met at the beginning.  He's willing to literally go to the end of the earth to find a way to be with Meghan.  I was wondering if he had the courage and love to really go through with it all.  I think this was a great story about the true depths of human emotions. 

There was some twists and turns in the story that I was not expecting.  I feel we learn a great deal about Ash that we never really knew before.  There are lots of moments and events that made him the person (fey) we know and love.  I also loved that Puck was along for the ride.  Their friendship/hatred has so many levels to it that I really longed to understand how it all started.  I finally get that.  I also get great closure on their feud.  Just what I hoped for!

I enjoyed the trials that Ash goes through to prove that he is worthy of a human soul.  The third trial left me feeling a little off at first though.  I wasn't sure if it was real or not, and I wasn't happy initially with the chain of events.  I felt things were really glossed over.  When I realized what the point was, I was much better.  I also think it showed an amazing side of Ash.  I was happy to have the end be that he might have the best of both worlds.

I enjoyed the story overall.  I wish we would have got a little more of Meghan.  But, I loved getting to see another side of Ash and Puck.  I also enjoyed getting to see a bit more of characters that have been little more that shadows in previous books.  I'm sad to see this series end, but will be revisiting it again soon!
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading The Iron Daughter so far and I'm loving it! I can't wait to read this one because it's in Ash's perspective. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the fabulous review :)

    International EVE giveaway

    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails