Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Review: The Eternal Sea (Everlasting #2) by Angie Frazier

The Eternal Sea (Everlasting, #2)Title: The Eternal Sea
Author: Angie Frazier
Series: 2nd in Everlasting
Pages: 368
Published: Availble June 1, 2011 by Scholastic
ISBN: 9780545114752
Source: Around The World Tours






Description: Romance and adventure are just around the corner . . .
After the thrilling journey that led Camille through the dangerous discovery of love, secrets, and a magical stone that grants immortality, Camille has everything she wants. She's escaped the men who wanted her dead, and now she is ready to build a new life with Oscar, her one true love. But things are not to be so simple. Oscar is acting strangely, and before they can even board a ship from Australia back home, to San Francisco, Camille learns that the journey is not over. If she does not follow the magic of the curse of Umandu, her life and Ocar's could be in grave danger.

I Give This ...
  Photobucket

I'm not entirely sure why I wanted to read this one.  I wasn't overly impressed with the last quarter of so of Everlasting. But, I enjoyed the premise of the story and knew it wasn't over.  Therefore, I decided to give this newest installment in the series a try.  Since I didn't have my hopes up, it far exceeded my expectations.

Camille seems much more grown up in this book.  She went through a lot in the first one, so I was expecting it.  It just seemed like I enjoyed her character more.  She's trying to figure out her place in life and were she really belongs.  She has to do this without her father and mix in a long lost half brother.  Too add to the confusion, Oscar is not acting like the person she feel in love with.  In fact, he's pretty much ignoring her.  

Turns out the stone isn't through with Oscar and Camille.  You obviously can't get something for nothing and the stone wants payment for Oscar's life.  I enjoyed the paranormal aspect more.  Their journey leads them to Egypt and even the underworld.  Along the way, we learn that not everybody is friend.  And, sometimes the crew knows what more than they let on.  Love can grow cold without a soul, and friends can become more than that without meaning to.

I loved were this book takes us.  From aboard a ship crossing the Indian ocean, to a sand storm in the Egyptian desert, and the Underworld itself, this story has it all.  It was a vast improvement over the first and I found myself reading it well into the night.  It's dark and sinister as times, but also has hope and love.  Now, I truly want to read the next in the series! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks good! I enjoyed Everlasting so I want to read this one too.

    I have to admit though, the cover isn't as gorgeous or fairy tale-ish as the first one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails