Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review: Tracking the Tempest (Jane True #2) by Nicole Peeler

Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2)Title: Tracking The Tempest
Author: Nicole Peeler
Series: 2nd in Jane True
Pages: 320
Published: Available now from Orbit
ISBN: 978031605657
Source: personal copy







Description:  Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and Ryu - Jane's bloodsucking boyfriend - can't let a major holiday go by without getting all gratuitous. An overwhelming dose of boyfriend interference and a last-minute ticket to Boston later, and Jane's life is thrown off course. Ryu's well-intentioned plans create mayhem, and Jane winds up embroiled in an investigation involving a spree of gruesome killings. All the evidence points towards another Halfling, much to Jane's surprise...

I Give This ...
  Photobucket

You know those series that you read the first book, and you like it ok.  So, you decide to reserve judgment until after you've read the second.  And then you are really glad you did because it's much better than the first.  That was the case with Tracking The Tempest.

I liked Jane's character quite a bit more in this one.  She still has all the defining qualities that I liked about her in the first book, but add some backbone.  She refuses to be treated like a weakling, not matter what the others think of her and her powers.  I really like that.  I also enjoyed the fact that she is half human actually gave her the insight to be able to understand things the others couldn't.  I enjoyed her relationship with Ryu the most.  It becomes something other than just physical. I think was really hard for her to come to terms with all of that.

I liked that the storyline seems to have more direction.  I had a feeling after the first book were it was going to go.  But, it's always nice to get that reassurance.  I like how much the culprit seems to be working in the shadows, never truly revealing themselves.  I'm curious as to what will happen next.

I'm looking forward to the next in the series and what direction the story will take!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails