Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

ForgottenTitle: Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Series: Stand Alone (but I could see a sequel)
Pages: 304
Published: June 7, 2011 by Little Brown
ISBN: 9780316094610
Source: Book It Forward Tours








Description: Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.  Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

I started this book wondering how the story would work.  I worried a little that the idea of the memory being wiped out daily would be silly.  I was wrong on that.  I really enjoyed the story but did find the idea had holes in it at times.  

I liked London from the opening pages.  I loved how she left herself notes to remind herself of what she needed to do for the day.  I imagine the daily note taking to remind oneself of events would be exhausting.  At first, I had a really hard time connecting what she can remember with the fact that she could see events in the future.  So, she knows who her best friend is because she sees her in the future as a part of her life.  

I also really liked Luke.  He was really sweet and I loved some of the things he does for London.  I wondered for awhile, how he couldn't see the little things that I'm sure gave clues that London doesn't fully remember things.  Granted that was answered and things all made sense.   I also really enjoyed how London unravels the clues to the vision of the funeral she's been having.  Turns out they hold a big key to her past which completely floored me.  It wasn't what I was expecting at all.

While I really enjoyed the story, there were some points on the memory loss that bugged me.  It was weird how it only effected her remembering the events of a day and nothing else.  The fact that she could see the future was strange and at times I didn't really understand how it worked.  In the end, I resigned myself to not think about them because I don't think they are important to the story and would cause me not to enjoy it.  I was also annoyed that we never figure out why she couldn't see Luke in her future and that's why she could never remember him.  Then he sets off all sorts of triggers to help her remember her past which leads to his place in her future so she does remember him.  It was weird and confused me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails