Friday, January 7, 2011

The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine #2) by Bree Despain

The Lost Saint (Dark Divine,  #2)Title: The Lost Saint
Author: Bree Despain
Series: 2nd in Dark Divine
Pages: 416
ISBN: 9781606840580
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours







Description: Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi.  She gave her soul to the wolf to save him and lost her beloved mother.  When Grace receives a haunting phone call from Jude, she knows what she must do.  She must become a Hound of Heaven.  Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot - a newcomer to town who promises her that he can help her be a hero.  But as the two grow closer, the wolf grows in Grace, and her relationship with Daniel begins to crumble.  Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace becomes prideful in her new abilities - not realizing that an old enemy has returned and deadly trap is about to be sprung.  

I Give This ...
  Photobucket

 I really enjoy paranormal stories that have more substance than just the paranormal aspect.  I like characters that feel real.  For some reason, it makes it completely plausible in my head that these paranormal people can actually exist.

 I really enjoy Grace's devotion.  She's devoted to her family.  This shows pretty much in every aspect of the story.  She's constantly calling her father to give him updates.  She's basically taking care of her two younger siblings while her mother has gone off the deep end.  And she hasn't given up on Jude.  Which explains her total belief in the fact that she can use her new powers without letting the wolf take her over.  

I also liked that fact that Daniel and Grace aren't the perfect couple in this book.  They fight, keep secrets, and basically distrust each other.  I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and for the relationship to be over, but it didn't.  In the end, their devotion to each other actually pulled through.

Oddly, I found the story to be predictable but yet surprising all at the same time.  I'm not sure how that happened.  I completely wasn't surprised at who/what I couldn't trust during the story.  I was surprised at how the Hounds of Heaven came into play.  I was thinking something different in my head.  And, I was completely surprised by the ending.  Complete cliffhanger, but I actually thought it worked well with what was happening.

Bottom line is that I really enjoy this series.  The characters are rich and the ideas behind the paranormal aspect are different.  I will be reading the next one (please tell me there's another one)!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails