Friday, January 28, 2011

Entice (Need #3) by Carrie Jones

Entice (Need, #3)Title: Entice
Author: Carrie Jones
Series: 3rd in Need Series
Pages: 264
Published: Available now from Bloomsbury
ISBN: 9781408810446
Source: Library








Description: Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever.
But that's not quite how things have worked out. For starters, well, Nick is dead. Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla? And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned...she's Astley's queen.

I Give This ...
 Photobucket
This series have really been a quick light read.  But, there isn't much substance.  If the library didn't have them, I'm not sure I would even bother.

I do have to say, that I think this might be the best in the series.  I think Zara is finally starting to understand and accept her fate.  She's part pixie and nothing can change that.  Since she's made the sacrifice of becoming Astley's queen and pixie kissed, she's had to know that things aren't going to be exactly the same.  I like how Astley treats her.  He's trying to show her the ropes and what being a queen means, without really overwhelming her.  Plus, it's got to be hard for him to know that she only did this to get Nick back.

 Which actually brings us to the part of the story I really enjoyed.  I'm not always for love triangles, but I think it works well in this one.  Zara has made the choice she swore she wouldn't just to save Nick.  But, because of that it ties her to Astley.  She's really trying to deny her feelings for him, but I can tell they are there.  

I got a little tired of them trying to get to Valhalla.  It seemed way to tedious and too many people out to get them.  And, I'm not sure I fully understood why those pixies kept trying to stop them.  Everyone keeps saying what a weak king Astley is, but yet they all seem afraid of what he can do.   I was also very disappointed to learn this wasn't the last one.  I'm not sure if the next will be, but I'm sure I will read it just because. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails