Saturday, January 1, 2011

Best in 2010

I intended on making a best in 2010 list from the very beginning.  When I actually sat down to do it, it was harder than I thought.  It's easy to do my top 5 because I have exactly 5 books that I gave the full rating this year.  The rest is much more interesting.  I've read so many great books this year and it's easy to change the list around constantly.

*Note - not all books are 2010 releases, but best books I read in 2010.

My Top 5:

Anna and the French KissDragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2)The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1)
  1. Voyager (Outlander, # 3) by Diana Gabaldon - I will never forget that moment when Claire walked back in time again and found Jamie in his printing shop.

  2. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher - This was a truly haunting book that make me cry and really think about things.

  3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - This book completely surprised me.  I loved it from beginning to end.

  4. Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon - The first 3 in the series are some of my all time favorite books.

  5. The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells - I love books about moments that can change a person's life.  This was one of them.

Before I FallNightshadeTop 10

Some Girls AreTell Me A Secret6.  Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer
7.  Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
8.  Tell Me A Secret by Holly Cupala
9.  Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
10.  If I Stay by Gayle Forman
If I Stay


And in no particular order to make it a Top 20

The Unidentified Redhead (The Redhead, #1) by Alice Clayton
Cate of the Lost Colony by Lisa Klein
Cate of the Lost ColonyThe Unidentified RedheadThe Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting
Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers
Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick
She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell
Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh
She Walks in BeautyNevermoreMockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins 
The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa
Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs






Honorable Mentions 

I wanted to point these books out.  They belong up top, but since they haven't been released yet, I thought they should have their own category.
Delirium (Delirium, #1)Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)Across the Universe

Delirium (Delirium, #1)by Lauren Oliver  - releases Febuary 2, 2011

Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder #2) by Kimberly Derting - releases February 15, 2011

Across The Universe by Beth Revis - releases January 11, 2011


1 comment:

  1. I read Outlander in the beginning of the year, I cant wait to read the next two in the series! I hope 2011 brings you many more excellent reads :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails