Thursday, December 23, 2010

B & K's Reading Daze - Holiday Edition


I completely forgot about this post and didn't have anything picked out. :(
I decided to showcase a couple of our favorite holiday books.



The Polar ExpressTitle: The Polar Express
Author: Chris VanAllsburg

We all  love this book (and the movie too).  I was a little worried about introducing the concept of not believing in Santa.  But, I don't think the girls really got that part of the book.  They love the pictures and the idea of meeting Santa and the North Pole!





SantaKidTitle: SantaKid
Author: James Patterson

I wasn't sure on this one when it first came into our house.  How quickly the girls changed my mind.  They love idea that Santa has a little girl and that she saves Christmas.  I also liked the idea of a business coming and trying to buy Christmas.  It's a good reminder that it's not about the presents!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails