Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2) by Janette Rallison

My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)Title: My Unfair Godmother
Author: Janette Rallison
Series: 2nd but can be read as stand alone
Pages: 320
Published: April 2011 by Walker Books
ISBN: 9780802722362
Source: Around The World Tours








Description: Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn' texactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief 's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

It seems a good way to get a book off of your to read list is to be presented the chance to review the sequel.  I'm so glad this series hasn't sat on my to-read list forever.  It's so much fun!

I liked how Tansy is different than the lead character in the first one.  She's got her own set of problems and her personality is very different.  She's set in rebelling against her dad, because she feels like he deserted her.  She's also rebelling against her mom because she feels like her mom likes her younger sister best.  As misplaced as these feeling might be, you can't help but feel for Tansy.  She's in need of some direction and maybe a knight in shinning armor.

Entire in Chrissy.  She still isn't a Fairy Godmother and still in need of some focus.  I love that she doesn't stop and listen to Tansy, but just fulfills wishes how she interprets them.   I loved the take on Robin Hood.  He's hilarious and not at all the hero of the tales.  The story of Rumpelstiltskin was awesome.  I had never given the story that much thought.  But, the author really makes you think about that one.

I loved the relationship with Tansy and Hudson.  There seems to be a lot of animosity at first.  But, they work together well and it gradually grows into attraction.  It's fun watching them work together.  I also enjoyed the dynamics of Tansy's family.  She's got a pretty good relationship with her stepbrother.  When the whole family is transported back to the middle ages, they work surprisingly well together to get back to the proper time.  Tansy learns that her family is really there for her.

I can't wait to see the next installment in the series and what fairy tale might be tackled next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails