Friday, October 8, 2010

Out for Blood (The Drake Chronicles #3) by Alyxandra Harvey

Out for BloodTitle: Out for Blood
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
Series: 3rd in Drake Chronicles
Pages: 304
Published: December 21, 2010 by Walker Books
ISBN: 9780802721686
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours







Description: Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy, where she excels at just about everything. Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends—or even more. When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra . . . help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire. Who said senior year would be easy?

I Give This ...
Photobucket

 I love this series!  I think it's an original idea to flesh the background characters out in their own individual stories.  The Drake brothers each have the own personality, but we don't know much about them all yet.  Plus each book brings more of the story to life.  And each faction has had a place in the story.

I loved Hunter.  She reminds me a lot of Lucy except were Hunter was trained to kill vampires from an early age.  I like how normal she seems but with a lot of expectations on her shoulders.  She's responsible, but willing to accept that sometimes change is good.  Things to always have to be done the same way.  I liked seeing the inner workings of the Helios-Ra academy.  

I wasn't sure about Quinn.  He seemed your typical arrogant male who also happens to be a vampire.  He used this to his liking.  But, I think Hunter is just the sort of women he needs to put him in his place.  He's an interesting addition to the Drake household.  He attitude about things seems different that the characters we know so far.  

I was intrigued with how things are going with Solage.  Something is different about her besides what we learned in this book.  I'll be looking forward to what future books say about her.  I'm also interested in the parents.  They still seem to be background characters.  I would be intrigued to see what they think about all their children seeming to find partners so quickly (and with people I'm sure they see as unsuitable at first).

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to read this series, and I have the first book. I can't wait to get into it!

    Great review. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails