Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey #2) by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2)Title: The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: 2nd in Iron Fey
Pages: 359
Published: August 2010 by Harper Teen
ISBN: 9780373210138
Source: Library







Description: Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

I Give This ...

Photobucket
I wasn't sure were this story was going to lead after the first book.  I was hoping the story would continue to be original since the first half of The Iron King I thought was was to familiar but redeemed itself in the second half.    

I love the idea of the winter court.  I think it shows how different the courts are.  Everything is covered in ice and snow.  Plus, everyone's attitude seems to match their environment.  Or maybe it's just their attitude towards Meghan because she's part of the summer court and she's part human.  I actually would have like more insight into it all.  I was prepared for some distance from Ash, but I really wasn't expecting him to be that cold.  But, as events unfolded, I learned that in all reality he was still protecting Meghan.

Speaking of Ash, can I say how much I love him.  He like the perpetual bad guy, the one all the good girls want and can't have.  But, he's so much more than that.  Their chemistry is awesome!  I just don't feel it as much with Puck.  He's a great guy, a good friend, and I love the sarcasm.  But, it's just not as believable of a romance to me.  

The story line takes some interesting twists.  Meghan isn't always looking for her prince to save her and Ash isn't constantly acting like she's a damsel in distress.  They both have backbone and do their fair share of saving each other.  Because in the end all they have is each other.
I can't wait for The Iron Queen.  This one has some questions that I really want answered.  They are so buried in the storyline that you almost miss them.  Plus, I just want more of Ash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails