Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  Click on the picture to be taken to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books!

This past week was a tough one.  I only gave one book 4 butterflies, but I think I was being generous.    It was really frustrating and I'm surprised I got through 4 books.

First up was Torment by Lauren Kate.  It was better than the first one.  But, I'm extremely frustrated with not getting any questions answered.  Not to mention that even more were added.  I still will read the next one though.  I want to know what is going on!

Next up was A Lion Among Men by Gregory Macguire. I've read his books before and I've noticed they are hit or miss.  This one was ok.  A lot of the story just didn't seem to really pertain to what was going on.  And I was not happy to get to the end and realize there is probably going to be another book.

I read Moon Rise by Marilee Brothers next.  This had a some of the things I thought were lacking in the first of this series.  It was a little bit more developed and I now feel the story might be going somewhere.

Last, I dragged through Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell.  I thought it was pretty close to awful.  There was way to much dialogue and chasing around a storyline that didn't seem to go anywhere.  I keep buying this series, but I think I'm done now.  I haven't like the last 3 or 4 she's released.

I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling.  This is one of my favorites in the series and I hope it will give me a pick-me-up after the week I've had.  I will also read My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison, Moon Spun by Marilee Brothers, and Out For Blood by Alyxandra Harvey.  If there's time, I will read Relentless by Dean Koontz.

5 comments:

  1. Not Wanted on the Voyage by Timothy Findley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read a Cornwell book in some time. The last two I read where just meh. Enjoy Harry Potter, those are always good. have a great week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am anxious to read the Lauren Kate books. I have Fallen still on my shelf... a gift last Christmas and I still have not read it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm one of the few people in the world who hasn't read any of the Harry Potter books (I've seen a couple of the films though).

    I have Lauren Kate's Fallen here waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I'm about half way through Torment at the moment and I was really hoping to get some of my questions answered!

    Have a great reading week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails