Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  Click on the picture to be taken to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books!
 
I had an interesting reading weekI some how managed to fit in 5 books again.  I really enjoyed most of them, so when you're picking them up at odd times of the day, it really makes them go by fast.I had 3 tour books come in that had to be fit into my reading schedule.  I was expecting one of them, one I didn't realize how fast it would get here, and the other caught me by surprise.

I started off the week with Dark Flame by Alyson Noel.  It was not bad and better than the last, but still had it's annoying moments.  I don't think I'm going to give up on the series yet, mainly because there's only 2 books left and I get them from the library.

I read Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler for tours next.  I really liked this book and it's topic.  But, there was some things I really would have preferred be cut from the book.  It possible, since it's not due for release until October.  I hate it when something sticks in my mind and distracts me from the story.

Next I read Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick, which was also for tours.  I loved this book.  It didn't dazzle me like most books that I give 5 stars, but I'm still tempted to give it a 5.  I found myself picking it up every spare minute I had.

My surprise tour book was Deeply, Desperately by Heather Webber.  I really loved the first in this series and was really looking forward to this one.  It did not disappoint.  The series have really impressed me and can't wait for the next one!

I also finished Songs for a Teenage Nomad by Kim Culbertson.  This story was great.  I loved the inclusion of music throughout the book and how Calle connects with it.  It also has a little bit of a mystery element to it that I really enjoyed.

I'm currently reading The Secret Bride by Diane Haeger.  I'm not very far into it, but enjoying it so far.  I love historical fiction set in Tudor England!  I also plan on reading If I Stay by Gayle Foreman and Deception by Lee Nichols.  If there's time, I will also read Fallen by Lauren Kate

6 comments:

  1. You had a fabulous week! I hope this one is just as enjoyable if not more so. Happy reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you had a bust, busy week!
    I concur with the point you made in HUNGER. The same thing happened to me with the last book I read. Excellent point :)

    Hope you enjoy your current book. Historical fiction is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing Deeply, Desperately, so glad to hear that it was good.

    You asked about Spider's Bite when you stopped by my blog. I finished it earler today and it was fantastic! I'm almost tempted to go BUY the next one. LOL!

    Happy Reading!
    Sherri at Urban Girl Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Page! Five books??? I am very impressed.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waiting to read Crescendo! I want this one so bad! :D

    You had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of great reads. I'll have to pick up Deeply, Desperately since you liked it so much. Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails