Monday, August 2, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  Click on the picture to be taken to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books!
 
I had a good reading week.  I should finish 5 before this posts in the morning!  
I started off the week finishing Matched by Ally Condie.  I really like this book, but the world she built totally creeps me out.  I just didn't like it although it played into the story well.  

Next I read a library book.  The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima was good and a series I look forward to continuing.  

I finally finished The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon.  I can see were the series begins to loose some of it's appeal.  There's no more wild adventures in the one.  Some definite moments that made me catch my breath.  It feels like a set up book.  You have to admire Gabaldon for her story telling abilities though!

Next I read The Prophecy  by Dawn Miller.  I'm sorry to say I didn't like it much.  The story line felt like something I've read before.  I didn't connect with the characters.  And half the time I was confused at who were the bad guys and who was good.  It was very disappointing.

I'm half way through Firelight by Sophie Jordan.  I imagine I will finish it before this posts.  It's good so far, but since I haven't reached the ending yet, I can't say what my final verdict will be.

This week I plan to read Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (should be in the mail for tours and I'm so excited about it).  I need to read A Living Nightmare by Darren Shad since it's due back at the library this week.  I'm really hoping to read Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel since I keep saying that but haven't actually read it yet.  I also hope to read If I Stay by Gayle Forman

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to read D. Galbadon. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabaldon is on my wish list. I want to start The Highlander series...

    You had a great week. I am having a hard time getting motivated to read lately--it's weird....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a good reading week, I like reading your thoughts on the different books. I have not read any of these. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely jealous that you will be reading Paranormalcy, can't wait for its release. I also can't wait for Matched, heard lots of good reviews on it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails