Friday, July 9, 2010

Touch The Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance

Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1)Title: Touch The Dark
Series: 1st in Cassandra Palmer
Author: Karen Chance
Published: June 2006 by Roc
Pages: 307
ISBN: 9780451460936
Source: Library





Description: Cassandra Palmer can see the future and communicate with spirits;talents that make her attractive to the dead and the undead. The ghosts of the dead aren't usually dangerous; they just like to talk; a lot. The undead are another matter.  Like any sensible girl, Cassie tries to avoid vampires. But when the bloodsucking Mafioso she escaped three years ago finds Cassie again with vengeance on his mind, she's forced to turn to the vampire Senate for protection. The undead senators won't help her for nothing, and Cassie finds herself working with one of their most powerful members, a dangerously seductive master vampire—and the price he demands may be more than Cassie is willing to pay.  

I Give This ...
Photobucket 

The description intrigued me and I've seen the series a lot.  I thought I would give it a try, especially since the library had all 4 books. I was overwhelmed 60 pages into the story.  There is far to much going on to get a good grip on.  It's not a very good opening into a series.  Introduce elements and characters a little more slowly, and let the reader have a chance to get to know the lead character.  It's especially hard to get to know and connect with Cassie because she doesn't even fully understand herself.  It took me 4 days to read this, which is double what it normally does.  I just wasn't invested into the story.  I like the idea behind it.  It's just way to bogged down with the details.  I think some of it could have waited until the second novel.  I will continue with the series but for 2 reasons.  First, I already have the 2nd checked out and in my hands.  Second, everyone tells me the second is way better than the first.  I hope they're right!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails