Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones

Need (Need, #1)Title: Need
Series: book #1
Author: Carrie Jones
Published: December 2008 by Bloombury
Pages: 306
ISBN: 9781599903385
Source: Library





Description: Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.
She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.
 

I Give This ...
Photobucket
I'm not sure on this one.  I liked the idea behind the book, and I liked the twist on Pixies.  Who knew they weren't the sweet, nice little fluttery things I think of.  The creepy feeling was definitely there.  I loved how every chapter opened with a phobia.  I liked Issie and Devyn.  They were great secondary characters that added just the right touch to the story.  I wasn't sure what was up with Nick and Ian at first, although I felt it was their animosity was revealed in the end.  Zoey was ok.  She didn't really grab me as the lead character but I wasn't annoyed by her either.
My issues with the story was mainly how it starts off slow.  I didn't feel like it got to the point fast enough and then when it did, it felt really rushed.  I also really disliked the dialogue.  For some reason, it didn't feel natural.  

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't a huge fan of this book for those same reasons you mentioned. I still thought it was okay and a quick read.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails