Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Emerald Talisman (Volume 1) by Brenda Pandos

The Emerald Talisman (Volume 1)Title: The Emerald Talisman
Series: 1st in planned series
Author: Brenda Pandos
Published: March, 2010 by Obsidian Mountain Publishing
Pages: 280
ISBN: 9780578053394 
Source: ARC from Around The World Tours
 





Description: To be normal, sixteen-year-old Julia Parker would shed her empathic gift in a second. Life has been difficult since her mother's mysterious disappearance ten years earlier - an event she witnessed, but can't remember. Julia's situation becomes more complicated after a near death experience from a blood thirsty stalker. As high school students go missing it is clear there is a connection to her own experience--past and present. Someone has to stop the madness and a chance encounter with a creepy psychic foretells that only Julia is the key to stopping the madness, but it may require the life of the one she loves.  

I Give This ...
Photobucket 

I think I might not have been in the right mood for this one.  I loved the main character Julia.  But, the rest of the characters felt a little flat to me.  I thought it was an interesting twist that Julia could feel emotions.  It's not an ability you see too often, and it made for some interesting situations.  I did really enjoy the relationship that Julia and Nicholas develop.  I thought it was sweet some of the things he did for her.  I also liked the character that Nicholas plays (I don't want to give it away), but wish we would have gotten to know him better.  The story did provide a fresh take on vampire lore, but it wasn't enough.  I didn't feel like the story built up in intensity fast enough.  It was good, but not great.  I would continue the series though, it's piqued my interest just enough!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails