Thursday, June 24, 2010

Burned (House of Night, #7) by P.C. & Kristin Cast

Burned (House of Night, #7)Title: Burned
Series: House of Night #7
Author(s): P.C. & Kristin Cast
Published: April 2010 by St. Martins
Pages: 323
ISBN: 9780312606169
Source: Library





Description: Y’all need to get yourselves together. Here’s a newsflash from the only High Priestess you have left at this dang school: Zoey isn’t dead. And believe me, I know dead. I’ve been there, done that and got the fricken tee-shirt. Zoey Redbird is the youngest High Priestess in House of Night history and is the only person – vamp or fledgling – that can stop the evil Neferet from raising all kinds of immortal trouble. And she might just have a chance if she wasn’t so busy being dead.
Well, dead is too strong a word. Stevie Rae knows she can bring her BFF back from her unscheduled va-cay in the Otherworld. But it’s going to take a lot more than hoping to bring Zoey back. Stevie Rae will have to give up a few secrets of her own . . .
 

I Give This ...
Photobucket

I keep reading this series because every few books the author's surprise me and come up with something I enjoy.  I shouldn't have been surprised after enjoying Tempted so much, that Burned would fail to impress me.  I've really like were Aphrodite as a character has been headed the past couple books, but she took a turn for the worst in this one.  I think she lost some of her attitude when she got around more powerful vampyres than herself.  She's reverted to really horrible trash talk (I really disliked her calling everyone retard and various other forms of the word).  And that's not the only really horrible dialogue in this book.  And that was were most of my problem lies.  There's way to much talk and not enough action (at the risk of sounding cliche).  I did enjoy the entire time Stark, Zoey, Darius, and Aphrodite were on the Isle of Women.  It gave a whole other dimension to the storyline.  I also think that they got the most respect there.  They weren't treated like children.  I also really liked Stark's role in this book.  He had to really prove himself beyond what I thought imaginable.  Stevie Rae continues to confuse me.  I'm not sure were she's headed in terms of character development.  I worry that there is still some ingrained evil in her no matter how much she tries to deny it.  I liked her relationship with the Raven Mocker.  It showed a different side of her.  
I will continue the series, but I'm starting to get a little tired of it.  7 books with more to come seems to like to much.   I want to see some sort of wrap up soon.  I would recommend this one to anyone who has been reading The House of Night series thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails