Friday, May 14, 2010

Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5) by Brandon Mull

Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)Title: Keys To The Demon Prison
Author: Brandon Mull
Series: Final Book in the Fablehaven series
Published: March 2010
Publisher: Shadow Moutain
Pages: 593
ISBN: 9781606412381
Source: Library Book





Description: Since ancient times, the great demon prison Zzyzx has protected the world from the most dangerous servants of darkness, including Gorgrog, the Demon King. After centuries of plotting, the Sphinx is on the verge of recovering the five artifacts necessary to open the legendary prison. Facing the potential of a world-ending calamity, all friends of light must unite in a final effort to thwart the Sphinx s designs and find a safe home for the five artifacts. To this end, Kendra, Seth, and the Knights of the Dawn will venture far beyond the walls of Fablehaven to strange and exotic magical preserves across the globe, where the end of every quest becomes the beginning of another. In this explosive series finale, allegiances will be confirmed and secrets revealed as the forces of light and darkness collide in a desperate struggle to control the keys to the demon prison.

I Give This Book 4 Stars!

At the end of book 4, I had my serious doubts at how the author was going to wrap up such a series in only one more book.  He proved me wrong, but I worry it was at the expensive of the story a little.  Don't get me wrong, it's still wonderful.  There's just so much that happens in such a short amount of time.  And for some reason all of it happens with such ease.  The previous 4 book felt like there was more of a battle to get what they were after.  Seth alone has 6 different adventures (and not all of them include Kendra).  I did love watching him mature in this book.  He learned that not all wrong decisions are done for the wrong reasons.  I think he learned what true courage was.  I also love the involvement of the Satyrs.  They were fantastic, providing just enough comic relief throughout the story!  Kendra seems to have fulfilled the big sister role.  She doesn't seem to play much of a part in the bigger picture until the very end when she single-handedly swoops in and saves the day (without even really meaning too).  I really liked how the author threw in a love interest.  It was so appropriate and very tastefully done.  Overall, I thought it was a fantastic ending to the series.  I just think the author could have easily gotten one more book out of the series by drawing out some of the tasks a little.  I will be looking forward to see what Brandon Mull comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails