Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa


The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) 
Title: The Iron King
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: Iron Fey #1
Published: February 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 363
ISBN: 9780373210084
Source: Library Book




Description: Meghan Chase has never fit in at her small-town high school, and now, on the eve of her 16th birthday, she discovers why. When her half brother is kidnapped, Meghan is drawn into a fantastical world she never imagined--the world of Faery, where anything you see may try to eat you, and Meghan is the daughter of the summer faery king. Now she will journey into the depths of Faery to face an unknown enemy . . . and beg the help of a winter prince who might as soon kill her as let her touch his icy heart. 

I Give This Book 4 Stars!

I have to be honest and say that I was very unsure of this book during the first 100 pages or so.  The story and characters were good, but I felt like I read it before (or to be more specific watched the movie).  I was a big fan of The Labyrinth and The Neverending Story growing up, and I really felt like this book was a combination of the two.  About half way through, the story decided to take on a life of its own and got immensely better!  I liked Meghan.  She was determined to accomplish what she set out to do.  I think she might have been a little head strong about it.  But, what to you expect from a teenager!  I loved Ash.  I thought it was interesting how the love interest is also the bad guy.  You could feel the tension between the two.  I also really enjoyed Grimalkin (although reminded of another key character in a story).  You could always expect the truth from him although how it was delivered was always interesting.  How the author managed to connect the the fantasy world to our world was great.  Overall, the second half of the book more than made up for the deja vu feeling of the first. I look forward to reading the sequal The Iron Daughter! 

1 comment:

  1. This book is similar to those two movies and I never noticed it when I was reading it. Great review. Your right that it gets better at the end.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails