Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  Click on the picture to be taken to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books!

I've had a good reading week. I love those!  I started off the week with Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs.  Awesome edition to the Mercy Thompson series!  Can't wait for the next one (wish it was sooner than next year).

I read Linger by Maggie Stiefvater next.  I was excited to get my hands on an ARC of this highly anticipated sequel.  I'm sure many will love it.  I thought it was good, but not great.  I felt 4 narratives was a bit distracting. 

I read Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers next.  Books like this make me wonder how accurate of a picture they are of high school (especially teenage girls) bullying.  It makes me a little sick to my stomach to think this is actually happening.  Wonderful book though!

I finished The Rose Without A Thorn by Jean Plaidy next.  It was an okay read.  I liked The Queen's Mistake by Diane Haeger better though.  I felt like this one made Katherine Howard look really simple. I also thought the end was really thrown together.

I managed to squeeze in one more over the weekend.  Picture the Dead by Adele Griffin was totally not what I was expecting.  It was an extremely fast read, but I loved it!  The ending totally surprised me!

I'm currently reading Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull.  It's the last one in the Fablehaven series.  I'll read Nightshade by Andrea Creamer next!  I'll finish of the week with Underkingdom by Jonathan Culverhouse.

8 comments:

  1. A productive reading week for you! I just brought home Some Girls Are. Looking forward to Linger too.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read a lot this week! Aren't good reading weeks great? I didn't have one last week but I'm hoping I'll get to read more this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did have a great reading week! I haven't read The Queen's Mistake yet but I hope to. I haven't read anything by Jean Plaidy but I have a couple on my list that I want to try. I'm glad you liked Linger.

    Some Girls Are is a book I couldn't finish. I found it too disturbing to read but I may pick it up again someday.

    I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a wonderful week and another lined-up. Happy reading! My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Great list of books, they all sound intriguing. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great week wand read some cool titles. Nightshade really looks like it will be a good read. Hope you enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some Girls Are is really a book that I hope to read soon. Great books you have here! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever read Briggs' graphic novel of Mercy Thompson? Mercy Thompson: Homecoming just came out Aug of last year. I'm a big fan of graphic novels and if you're eager to read more of her work, maybe this will tide you over til her newest one releases. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails