Friday, February 19, 2010

Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3) by Brandon Mull

Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3)


Title: Grip of the Shadow Plague
Author: Brandon Mull
Published: April 2008
Pages: 487
ISBN: 9781590388983
Source: Library


Description: Kendra and Seth along with Grandpa and Grandma Sorenson discover that someone or something has released a plague that is turning the light creatures of Fablehaven into creatures of darkness. And for the first time, Kendra and Warren must visit another magical preserve called Lost Mesa in Arizona and try to recovery another hidden artifact. Can the plague be stopped? Can the artifact be found? And most importantly, is the Sphinx a traitor?


I Give This Book 4 Stars!


While reading this, it does not feel like a 500 page books.  I breezed right though this anxious to get to the bottom of what was going on.  I've loved the characters since book 1, but in this book, I was surprised to see how much they grew.  Seth may have finally learned a few lessons and proved he belongs to the Fablehaven world.  Kendra continues to surprise me.  She takes everything into stride so well.  I wonder if there will be a time that she might falter a bit though.  It might make her seem more human.  I love how we get a better glimpse of the characters the inhabit this "preserve."  It makes me think we might never even tip the iceberg on all the creatures the exist in this world.  I like that!  I can not wait to get to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails