Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Eternal (Tantalize, #2) by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Eternal (Tantalize, #2)


Title: Eternal
Author: Cynthia Leitich Smith
Published: February 2009 by Candlewick
Pages: 320
ISBN: 9780763635732


Description: At last, Miranda is the life of the party: all she had to do was die. Elevated and adopted by none other than the reigning King of the Mantle of Dracul, Miranda goes from high-school theater wannabe to glamorous royal fiend overnight. Meanwhile, her reckless and adoring guardian angel, Zachary, demoted to human guise as the princess's personal assistant, has his work cut out for him trying to save his girl's soul and plan the Master's fast-approaching Death Day gala. In alternating points of view, Miranda and Zachary navigate a cut-throat eternal aristocracy as they play out a dangerous and darkly hilarious love story for the ages.


I Give This Book 4 Stars!


I was prepared not to like this book for some reason.  But, it surprised me.  The vampires in this story are far different that the ones you see in must young adult fiction currently.  They are cruel, dark, and very dangerous.  Some of the scenes are tamed down, but still leave a horrific image in your mind.  I liked Miranda.  She never seems to accept that life that has been chosen for her.  Zachary was a great voice of reason for her.  The relationship was more believable than some.  The only thing I wish I had known was that it is part of a series.  From what I gather, this book is separate from the first in the series (it's called Tantalize).  But, both story lines comes together in the third book of the series (which hasn't been released yet).  I'll have to make sure a pick up the first one before I read the 3rd.

1 comment:

  1. I read Tantalize and have yet to read Eternal. I was quite surprised by Tantalize when I read it because it was so different from the other vampire/werewolf/paranormal YA books out there, just like you mention about this one. Hope you enjoy it too when you read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails