Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith

The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)


Title: The Awakening
Author: L.J. Smith
Published:  1991 by Eos
Pages: 320
ISBN: 9780061020001


Description:  Elena: Searching for the ultimate thrill, she vowed to have Stefan.
Stefan: Haunted by his tragic past, he struggled to resist her passion.
Damon: Driven by revenge, he hunted the brother who betrayed him.
The terrifying story of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.


I Give This Book 3.5 Stars!


I'll fully admit I wanted to read this series because I got hooked on the TV series.  I'm not sure if I would have preferred knowing that two are very different.  It's one of those cases that if I had read the books first, I would have been extremely disappointed in the series.  It's actually almost the other way around for me.  It's extremely hard to admit that since it is so rare to like the show/movie better than the book.  I did not like Elena at all in this book.  She's snotty, selfish, and will stop at nothing to get what she wants.  Stefan is interesting, but it's hard to see at first what draws him to Elena besides the obvious.  I liked Damon, and the book explained his character more than the show does.  The story reminded me a lot of Twilight, but it doesn't have the same intensity as that series does.  I'll continue reading because I'm sure the TV series won't satisfy me.  Plus, the book I read was a double book (book 2 included) and I enjoyed the second book way more. 


I

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I think I'm glad too that I didn't read this series before the show came out cause I am really enjoying the series. I've only read The Awakening thus far and like the fact that Stefan and Damon were far older in the book than in the tv show.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails