Thursday, September 17, 2009

What book did you first discover on a blog?

image



Let’s talk about that book you know, the one you discovered only because you read about it on a book blog and then you realized you couldn’t live without it!  And then you read it and you loved it!

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1)     Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2)



   For me, that book was The Hunger Games.  How this book managed to escape my attention is beyond me.  I'm sure I first saw it over at Debbie's World of Book.  I didn't pay much attention to it then.  But, it kept showing up on almost every blog I found.   So, I looked it up on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.  I immediately noticed the fantastic reviews it received.  So it went on my TBR list.  But, I didn't jump out and buy it.  I was browsing the library one day and found it on the shelf.  I picked up and haven't looked back since!  I loved it!!!  I haven't read Catching Fire yet, but intend on buying copies of both.  I know I'll read them again, so I would rather own them!  Now, I'm sure I would have discovered this series eventually.  But, I'm so glad I was introduced to it through the book blogging community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails