Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Review - A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels #1) by Sarah MacLean

A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)Title: A Rogue by Any Other Name
Author: Sarah MacLean
Series: 1st
Pages: 386
Published: February 28th 2012 by Avon 
ISBN: 9780062068521
Source: Purchased Copy
 






Description:  A decade ago, the Marquess of Bourne was cast from society with nothing but his title. Now a partner in London’s most exclusive gaming hell, the cold, ruthless Bourne will do whatever it takes to regain his inheritance—including marrying perfect, proper Lady Penelope Marbury.  A broken engagement and years of disappointing courtships have left Penelope with little interest in a quiet, comfortable marriage, and a longing for something more. How lucky that her new husband has access to such unexplored pleasures.  Bourne may be a prince of London’s underworld, but he vows to keep Penelope untouched by its wickedness—a challenge indeed as the lady discovers her own desires, and her willingness to wager anything for them... even her heart.

I Give This ...

   Photobucket
 This new series was highly anticipated in my book.  I'm not one for what I call "harlequin romances."  But, I was completely hooked after her first series.

I was completely in love Penelope within the first few moments of meeting her.  I loved her attitude.  She's not bitter when it comes to  her circumstances, but she knows that she won't be happy until she has a love match.  She's seen it, so she knows its a possibility.  Interestingly enough I think in her heart she's know all along who she loves.  

  I wasn't sure about Bourne for the longest time.  He was so cold and bitter that I wasn't sure that he would ever give in to what we knew he was feeling for Penelope.  He had spent so much of his adult life with his eyes on revenge that I didn't think that the promise of love would be enough.  It was never  his intention and it doesn't belong in his world.

The world that each of them inhabit are so far apart that its a wonder that they even collided to behind with.  Someone has to character to the darker whims of the acrostic, and I think Bourne is the perfect person for it.  I loved the little glimpses we get of his partners.  They each have an interesting story to tell and I'm looking forward to hearing it.

I liked how their relationship progresses.  Its an interesting mix of love and hatred at first, but Bourne often goes out of his way to make Penelope happy.  Even if its not in the ways she really wants.  MacLean has a knack for writing romance in this time period.  I'm looking forward to the next one!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails