Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Review: The Well of Truth (Kindred Blood, #2) by Amber Riley

The Well of Truth (Kindred Blood, #2)Title: The Well of Truth
Author: Amber Riley
Series: 2nd in Well of Truth
Pages: 188
Published: Available now from iUniverse
ISBN: 9781450287647
Source: author sent in exchange for honest review
 







Description: Something dangerous is closing in on Kaden, and he cannot afford to be weak. Inside Vatican City, the vampires are more vulnerable than they have ever been. But with his independence on the line, Kaden is breaking every rule in the book, putting everyone's lives at risk. Worse yet, he is feeling things again-things he has not felt in centuries. He must find a way to completely sever his ties with the past. Unfortunately, in a city that is supposed to be off limits to all vampires, Kaden finds more than he bargained for-and loses even more. Kaden has made a promise to the Iustitia. In exchange for helping the vampire hunters rid Rome of their supernatural infestation, he will never be hunted by the church-assuming he makes it out of the country alive. With a master vampire who is letting the city be terrorized, Kaden must uncover his true motives before it is too late.  

I Give This ...
 Photobucket

I was intrigued by the ending of the first book in this series, enough that I wanted to read the next one.  I'm so glad I did.

I felt that book 2 was so much better than the first.  It was more fluid and the characters had more overall depth to them.   I enjoyed Kaden and the decisions he has to make.  He's come along way from the vampire he use to be and it shows.  He's so use to go it alone that he has a hard time accepting help and that he might actually care for someone.  But, that distrust of others benefits them all in this story.  I like his interactions with Lyn.  She's scared of him like she should be, but drawn to him as well.  I also enjoy that banter between the other vampires and the wolves.

I enjoyed the twists and turns this story takes.  It explains a lot of the history between the church and vampires.  And it completely wasn't what I thought it would be.  I'm still not sure who to trust, and what the full implications might be of what occurred.   It seems like Kaden has a war brewing on all fronts.  As someone who has spend that past few centuries trying to live on the radar, I wonder what it will do to him.  

It's a very interesting series that I am enjoying quite a bit.  I can't wait to see were the next one might go. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails